In the spirit of Auntie Cake's Shop, I harvested the rhubarb in our front yard this afternoon and put a plea on Facebook: What next?
Rebecca Rosenblum (and others) answered the call. Here is the photographic evidence, and Rebecca's FB advice:
- get a pound of rhubarb (approx)
- wash it
- cut off all the leaves and the flared parts at the bottom
- chop it up
- put it in a pot with a tiny bit of water (a quarter of a cup) and half a cup of sugar.
- put it on the stove in a heavy saucepan at medium heat
- keep an eye of it (it should release a lot of moisture)
- cover and cook 5-7 minutes.
- If it isn't soft enough, cook a little more.
- Good over ice-cream, or solo.